I have spent literally a whole day trying to understand how MediaSessionCompat works and what exactly it does? How is it different from MediaPlayer or AudioManager class? But to be honest I did not find any good explanation. The only info I got was from the android docs and some codes I found on the web which, according to me are not sufficient in this case. The only helpful thing was this video by Ian Lake that I found on Youtube. But I am still not able to understand how can we use it in our app.
This is another code I found by Ian Lake, and I spent quite some time on it but still I have lots of doubts.
package com.example.remotecontrolclient;
import android.app.Service;
import android.content.ComponentName;
import android.content.Context;
import android.content.Intent;
import android.graphics.BitmapFactory;
import android.media.AudioManager;
import android.os.IBinder;
import android.support.v4.media.MediaMetadataCompat;
import android.support.v4.media.session.MediaSessionCompat;
import android.support.v4.media.session.PlaybackStateCompat;
public class PlayerService extends Service {
private MediaSessionCompat mediaSession;
@Override
public void onCreate() {
super.onCreate();
ComponentName receiver = new ComponentName(getPackageName(), RemoteReceiver.class.getName());
mediaSession = new MediaSessionCompat(this, "PlayerService", receiver, null);
mediaSession.setFlags(MediaSessionCompat.FLAG_HANDLES_MEDIA_BUTTONS |
MediaSessionCompat.FLAG_HANDLES_TRANSPORT_CONTROLS);
mediaSession.setPlaybackState(new PlaybackStateCompat.Builder()
.setState(PlaybackStateCompat.STATE_PAUSED, 0, 0)
.setActions(PlaybackStateCompat.ACTION_PLAY_PAUSE)
.build());
mediaSession.setMetadata(new MediaMetadataCompat.Builder()
.putString(MediaMetadataCompat.METADATA_KEY_ARTIST, "Test Artist")
.putString(MediaMetadataCompat.METADATA_KEY_ALBUM, "Test Album")
.putString(MediaMetadataCompat.METADATA_KEY_TITLE, "Test Track Name")
.putLong(MediaMetadataCompat.METADATA_KEY_DURATION, 10000)
.putBitmap(MediaMetadataCompat.METADATA_KEY_ALBUM_ART,
BitmapFactory.decodeResource(getResources(), R.mipmap.ic_launcher))
.build());
AudioManager audioManager = (AudioManager) getSystemService(Context.AUDIO_SERVICE);
audioManager.requestAudioFocus(new AudioManager.OnAudioFocusChangeListener() {
@Override
public void onAudioFocusChange(int focusChange) {
// Ignore
}
}, AudioManager.STREAM_MUSIC, AudioManager.AUDIOFOCUS_GAIN);
mediaSession.setActive(true);
}
@Override
public int onStartCommand(Intent intent, int flags, int startId) {
if (mediaSession.getController().getPlaybackState().getState() == PlaybackStateCompat.STATE_PLAYING) {
mediaSession.setPlaybackState(new PlaybackStateCompat.Builder()
.setState(PlaybackStateCompat.STATE_PAUSED, 0, 0.0f)
.setActions(PlaybackStateCompat.ACTION_PLAY_PAUSE).build());
} else {
mediaSession.setPlaybackState(new PlaybackStateCompat.Builder()
.setState(PlaybackStateCompat.STATE_PLAYING, 0, 1.0f)
.setActions(PlaybackStateCompat.ACTION_PLAY_PAUSE).build());
}
return super.onStartCommand(intent, flags, startId);
}
@Override
public IBinder onBind(Intent intent) {
return null;
}
@Override
public void onDestroy() {
super.onDestroy();
mediaSession.release();
}
}
Can someone please provide a link to some tutorial or blog that explains what MediaSessionCompat is and how it is used for Media Playback. If not can someone provide a simple example to play, pause and stop any media say, an mp3 filefrom an activity using MediaSessionCompat. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks !!
Solved
You can watch
Media playback the right way - BBQ and Android Dev Submit
Comments
Post a Comment